March Art Madness
Produced by BeerCanvas, UP Magazine, and the NYC Art League
Submissions due by Friday March 3rd
Tournament Begins Monday March 6th
March Art Madness is a bracket-style community tournament where artists will compete head to head with fans voting via Instagram comments to decide which glass design continues to the next round.
Each artist will submit one single design mocked up on a 16oz can glass to firstname.lastname@example.org with their Instagram handle. Brackets will officially be announced on Sunday March 5th and the first-round matchups beginning on Monday March 6th. The contest is free to enter, and will accept submissions until Friday March 3rd.
The winner will be determined in the championship round by fan vote and will win a digital feature write-up in UP Magazine, $500 cash, a trophy, and will have their glass design created and officially released via BeerCanvas.
- Eligibility: Artists must be at least 18 years old, have an Instagram account, and be able to meet the entry requirements.
- Entry Requirements: Glass design must be mocked up on a 16oz can glass. A template will be provided. Entrants must meet eligibility requirements. The contest is free to enter.
- Glass design: Each artist will submit one single original design for a beer glass. Artists must mockup the design on a 16oz can glass and submit the design in digital format.
- Materials: Artists may use any materials they choose. Template will be available for download on BeerCanvas.com and UPMag.com
- Techniques: Artists must submit a digital file of their glass design.
- Voting criteria: Fan voting will take place in the comment section of each Instagram post featuring a head-to-head matchup. Each person may comment on the post with their pick, casting 1 vote per person. The artist with the most votes at the end of each matchup moves on to the next round. The voting period will be 24 hours, after which the comment section for the post will be locked.
- Round structure: The tournament will consist of several rounds, with the number of rounds determined by the number of entries. In each round, half of the artists will be eliminated based on their matchup results.
- Prize: The winner of the tournament will receive a digital feature write-up in UP Magazine, they will have their glasses printed and released by BeerCanvas, and they will receive a $500 cash prize.